Digital marketing and SEO blog
How to choose an SEO agency 🔎
Today we will comment some doubts about why hire an SEO agency, what are its particularities and above all how to choose a good SEO agency.
¿Qué me voy a encontrar en este artículo?
- 1 What is an SEO agency?
- 2 Why do you need an SEO agency?
- 3 What is SEO, and how does it work?
- 4 How to choose the best SEO agency?
- 5 How much does good SEO cost?
- 6 How to measure SEO?
- 7 What are the benefits of hiring an SEO agency?
- 8 …
What is an SEO agency?
An SEO agency is a company specialized in getting its clients to appear in the first Google search results through the searches they perform.
The goal of SEO agencies is to increase the organic traffic that reaches your website, but it is important that this traffic is of quality, that it meets the user’s search intent and most importantly, that it is done through safe actions, because SEO can be done in many ways, but when it is done badly and quickly, the consequences are usually disastrous for the business, and in most of the occasions to solve problems caused by actions that have not been correct, it is usually much more expensive than normal, therefore, watch who does the SEO work for you, because nobody works as the best for the minimum.
Why do you need an SEO agency?
We will let your potential customers know that you exist. Having an SEO strategy is vital for a company, personal brand, local business or even a non-profit organization, to be in the position it should be to answer the question or solve the doubt of the user who is interested in obtaining information related with your service. In this way you will increase your visibility, reputation and bring confidence to users.
In addition, SEO offers a gradual and organic growth, it is not invasive for the user, although it must be recognized that an SEO strategy in conjunction with a PPC strategy achieves objectives faster.
What is SEO, and how does it work?
Web positioning is based on getting a web page to be placed on the first page of the search results of any search engine, whether Google, Bing or Yahoo, among others such as Yandex.
Through an SEO strategy, a market research (keyword research) would be generated from which we will obtain a web architecture, in addition, improvements are achieved that these search engines detect and place you in a better position than your competition, depending on whether your SEO strategy is better or not than theirs.
How to choose the best SEO agency?
The best SEO agency will not sell you smoke and mirrors. SEO is a progressive service that requires long-term attention. NEVER trust those who offer you to be in the first position of any search engine overnight, or who charge you very low prices, this means that their service will be something similar. SEO services are priced based on the effort required for each project.
Make sure that the team that forms the SEO agency is a team of true professionals who know how to maintain a fluid and bidirectional conversation with you. It is not about handing over your project to others, but that you can understand what we do, why and what for. We don’t want you to be an SEO professional, but we do want you to understand what we do, because SEO strategy evolves step by step and it takes time to achieve results.
To know if an agency is good or not, we must take into account several factors:
- Multidisciplinary team: attracting traffic is important, but it is also important that it converts, so SEO is not enough because we need someone to analyze the project from a measurement and conversion point of view.
- Run away from the SEO orchestra: an SEO is an SEO, a web analyst is a web analyst, and when you do everything, you are not an expert in anything, for this reason, our recommendation is that you hire an SEO Agency in which each member of the team is an expert in his function, that is, the SEO is an expert in SEO, the web analyst is an expert in web analysis, and this does not mean that you do not have transversal knowledge, not at all, but one is an expert in something and the rest are additional knowledge that will allow us to do our job better.
- Don’t look for price, look for quality and results: we have all come across SEO offers on the internet for 49€ or SEO for 200€, but let’s think about the logic behind this and what results we will obtain.
To work SEO is to set up an optimized web architecture, an in-depth keyword study with analysis of user search intent, perform an OnPage analysis of the web, which in many cases, are more than 100 pages of actions that must be fixed and prioritized looking for the highest return to the shortest time, prepare a content calendar, with the generation of each content and the corresponding SEO optimization, or prepare a campaign to enhance brand and services that generate authority in the network… And these are just some actions to be performed in a web project, so based on all this, we should ask ourselves if with the investment that we are asking for, we can do all this optimally and most importantly with quality.
How much does good SEO cost?
There are many doubts about how the SEO positioning service should be charged, that is why we have already mentioned that each project requires its own effort. Executing an SEO strategy is not an easy task, it requires specialization, time and effort.
The key to rely on SEO positioning is not to consider it as an expense like office supplies, but as a long-term investment. The price of the service will depend mainly on the work to be done, and the work to be done will depend on many factors:
- How is our website: We must analyze the state of our website in terms of SEO Onpage, so depending on how our website is structured and programmed, we will have to make more or less effort to put everything in order.
- Our contents are key: Within everything that matters in the world of SEO, a key factor is the content, so we have to analyze whether our website contains the necessary content to be positioned, and we must also analyze whether this content meets the user’s search intent, since the goal is to give the user what he needs.
- Our website converts: This part is not strictly SEO, but in the end the goal of a project is to convert or sell, and if our website does not sell, no matter how much SEO we do we will not achieve our goal, so we must work the sales funnel, and optimize it point by point to generate as many leads or sales as possible.
How to measure SEO?
SEO is just another channel, and like any other channel, it must be measured, because if we don’t measure, we don’t grow. The goal is to measure any action we do to know if we are on the right track.
Through different periodic reports, the SEO agency will show you different KPIs that will allow you to control how we are going towards our goals, in the end they would be like the GPS of a car, if we deviate from our goal the KPIs will inform us, and we will have to take actions to resume the correct SEO strategy. As we always say in the agency, without data, there is no strategy or evolution.
What are the benefits of hiring an SEO agency?
In the long run, you realize how much closer you get to your audience by the simple fact of having a good SEO strategy. Thanks to search engines, those who require or want your service or product will be able to solve their doubt and find you. That is why it is obvious the fact that your profits will increase.
You save a lot of time and focus on your business.
We have all tried to write a post thinking that it is a good content for our website, we have created categories, we have tried to get some links to our website… but if you are here you already know that none of this is enough. You need time to learn what SEO to do on your website, and that means to stop investing it in other tasks that may be more useful for you.
Delegating your strategy to an SEO agency will allow you to focus on the management of your business and ensure that everything will be in the hands of a professional in the field.
You move up in the search engine rankings
The cheapest conversion. Admittedly, when SEO has never worked on a project, the results are not immediate, but when the SEO machinery starts to work, and the results begin to be seen, SEO becomes in most cases, the most profitable channel, and best of all, the most profitable and longest lasting of the existing channels.
Remember that if you have any doubts about which SEO agency to choose, SEOCOM Agency can advise you and give you a quote according to your objective and project.
Let’s start working together?